- Number of slides should be minimum and presentation time should be strictly followed. Please stop when signaled by the Chair to do so.
- Users of Windows / PC should be responsible for the compatibility with Mac system used at the lectern.
- Taking the timelines into consideration, using personal laptops are not recommended unless under unavoidable conditions.
- No videos will be recorded.
- Felicitation for the speakers will be done during the session or after completion of the session, so please make sure to be present until the session ends.
Basic presentation requirements
- Presentation format: .PPT, .doc
- MAC compatible presentation.
- Movies: Please take steps to compress your videos.
- Each slide should be designed to be concise, uncluttered and readable from a distance: include only key words and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
- Upload less than 8 MB file (Suggested Formats: .ppt, .pptx, .mov, .pdf). More than 8mb file send to email@example.com via your email.
- Uploading presentation is not mandatory, you can bring with you on the flash drive or storage device to the event for your presentation and submit before your session starts.
AV Set up:
- Basic AV setup would be provided; slider with pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, lapel, basic sound system.
- If you have any audio / video to be played, they should be checked in prior / before one day with the AV team.
Upload your presentation before [3 days] traveling to the conference venue
- Go to the presentation upload site and upload your presentation slides.
- You must use the email address you provided when you submitted your abstract. Once logged in, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You can also email the presentation to the designated conference email ID.
- All presentations will be downloaded to your session room on the day of your presentation.
- The presentations will be loaded prior with the name "first name_last name and date / session"
Load your presentation at the registration desk
- It is recommended to upload the presentation before 3 days of conference start date. But if unable to send, you can always load your presentation (save the presentation in USB Flash drive) at the lectern before your scheduled presentation during the break. The USB Flash drive will be scanned before transferring the presentation to the presentation folder.
- Once the presentation is completed it will be permanently removed.
Considerations for PC Users [create on PC then move to Mac]
- Appropriate extension usage (the part after the period. in the filenames): use .PPTX, .PPSX if saving from PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format or use .PPT or .PPS if saving to an earlier version format or saving from an earlier version.
- Copy the media file to the folder where the PowerPoint file is, and only then insert it; otherwise links to most media files will break.
- AVI or MPEG are better choice files for movies or sounds; don't use WMV (Windows Media Player).
- Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are best present on Macs.
- Don't squeeze your text into placeholders: Text rendering on PC vs Mac (font substitution) can cause your squeezed text to get truncated in text boxes.